Sunday, August 10, 2014

Texas Swimming Holes

Recently we went on more of an impromptu vacation. We were traveling to Texas because my Aunt had passed away and my family was having a memorial service for her. She was one of my favorite aunts! She was a mother to everyone and very intuitive! I had not seen her or my other Texas family since 1999, and my mother seemed to be taking it pretty hard. She has said that my aunt had always been like a second mother to her. It was for these reasons that we decided to go to Texas. Patrick and I had first planned to drive and someone covered a shift for me at work that week for which I am very grateful!

Patrick had told me that he had never been to Texas and asking me what it was like and how long of a drive it was. I explained to him that my family lived in a VERY small town and there really wasn't much to see there except a bay on the gulf and that the water there was not quite like the water on Florida's gulf coast, but rather filled with jellyfish and oyster beds (think OUCH cut foot!). We decided to fly! I told him that I had visited San Antonio when I was in high school and that the river walk was nice and there was lots to do there. He looked on the map a determined that it's wasn't a far drive to get where we needed to go from San Antonio. I bought plane tickets, he took care of the rental car and we split the hotel cost as well. It was definitely an adventure between my family and our "rental car" and the "swimming holes" in Texas hill country. Patrick and I a had lot of fun exploring and then on our second to last day in Texas  I both cried my eyes out and laughed with cousins that I have not seen or had much communication with in close to ten years. We spent that last night at the same hotel and my mom, sister, nephew, and niece. I so much enjoyed talking and laughing with my niece and nephew at the local Dairy Queen restaurant!

San Antonio River Walk "Selfie" Cheese!

Prickly Pear Margarita at Boudro's Texas Bistro. Sweet with spicy chili powder on the rim and the "Best Damn Margarita!" that I have ever had! 










































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: