Friday, April 11, 2014

Sometimes I Make Cakes


Sometimes I make cakes...from a box mix of course. The cakes are often inspired from pictures that I saw on a pin board. After I made a few and posted them people started sending me pictures of cakes that they pinned and asking me to recreate them. These were ambitious endeavors especially the bible cake for a confirmation to feed 50...I am a beginner     a.k.a no idea what I am doing or have signed up for!

I am enamored with making cakes though, and if I  had one wish it would be to be a bakery owner...I say this of course never having been a bakery owner or even talked to one. I'm new at this and self taught (much information to be gained from cakecentral.com  and Youtube), but it is my creative outlet and something that I love. The decorating process is almost always a disaster before it is success, but it always comes out a success in the end after all the icing smoothing and tweaking. It's the problem solving...figuring out how to build a shaped cake, how to cover that awkward shaped cake with fondant, and how to make frosting red and not pink (again, obviously I am a self taught beginner) that makes the finished cake feel like a success when it is finished. It's the decorating that I love because I take a theme that fits a person and make it into a cake. It is great presenting the cake to the recipient and being able to see the smile on that friend or loved one's face! It seems like the more I try the more I learn. Who knows one day maybe soon I can leave the boxed mix behind.

1 comment:

Comments: