Monday, April 21, 2014

Star Wars Themed Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcakes




Williams Sonoma - cutters!
My finished cupcakes! ;)


Sometimes 80's kids just need some nostalgia! Nothing is more classic than Star Wars. I had so much fun making these cupcakes! These are the same cutters from Williams Sonoma that were used in the comic book cake! I used them to stamp some of the fondant toppers for the cupcakes and hand painted them with Wilton gel colors. I also hand made some R2D2's and an Ewok because the bad guys in the set outnumbered the good guys. Patrick helped with the light sabers. He explained to me that I could have green and red light sabers or blue and red light sabers because the green and blue are the good guys! It has been a while since I've seen star wars! I promptly made three fondant colors to help out the force. Later I  baked some devils food chocolate cupcakes from the Duncan Hines mix. Then prepared some homemade peanut butter frosting that is so yummy! - It is creamy peanut butter deliciousness. I cored the cupcakes and filled them with the peanut butter goodness. Just imagine tasting something like a reese cup in a fluffy cupcake form! I topped them with more icing using the wilton 1M tip, and placed the fondant decorations.

Peanut Butter Frosting Deliciousness:

2 cups powered sugar
2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 stick salted butter (land o lake salted sweet cream half stick do the trick!)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream

Cream together the butter (softened at room temperature) and sugar with the paddle attachment in a stand mixer. Then add in the peanut butter and vanilla. Next mix until smooth, and lastly add the heavy cream a little at a time until the frosting reaches a good consistency for piping. Add more or less heavy cream control the frosting consistency.







The hand painted Details:

- Use luster dust and gel colors
- To achieve an opaque paint use Wilton white icing mixed with the gel color.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: